Summer Seminar is a five-day program offered exclusively to newly admitted PES students. This year's Summer Seminar will take place online using Zoom from Saturday, August 1 to Wednesday, August 5.
At Summer Seminar participants:
- Develop personal relationships with peers and mentors
- Connect further with the University
- Create digital stories - multimedia movies that combine photos, sound, music, text, and a narrative voice to tell personal stories about important people, places, and life events
2020 Virtual Summer Seminar Schedule
Saturday, August 1 - Monday, August 3
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we will focus on community-building. You will:
- Develop friendships with PES peers and peer mentors through the art of storytelling
- Create a digital story - a multimedia movie that combines photos, sound, music, text, and your voice to tell an important, personal story
Tuesday, August 4
Connecting With Mental Health and PES Student Leaders
11-12: Tips and tricks for first-year success from PES Student Leaders
Wednesday, August 5
All About Financial Wellness
11-12: Q & A on how the PES Engagement Scholarship can help students take part in important opportunities such as internships (unpaid), undergraduate research (unpaid), National Student Exchange, HECUA: Off-Campus Study Programs, and learning abroad. All things scholarships will also be discussed by a panel of students and staff.
12-1: Confused about finances? One Stop Student Services will discuss financial identity & empowerment, budgeting, financial terms, and loans. Get the information and tips you need to manage your money for today and the future, and establish the groundwork to achieve your short- and long-term financial goals. Counselors will also save time for Q & A at the end!
This session will be led by One Stop Counselors, Fathiya Ahmed and Ralph Daby. Learn more about them here!
PES student staff will also lead fun, optional, online activities at various times. Contact your peer mentor to learn more!