Summer Seminar is a five-day summer program offered exclusively to newly admitted PES students. All meals are provided, and students spend four nights on campus in one of the University’s newest residence halls - 17th Avenue Residence Hall - at no cost!
Summer Seminar participants:
- Develop personal relationships with peers and mentors
- Connect further with the U of M campus
- Create digital stories - multimedia movies that combine photos, sound, music, text, and a narrative voice to tell personal stories about important people, places, and life events
Students who participate in Summer Seminar are better prepared for college and enjoy the opportunity to make close friends before the start of the school year.
Register for the 2018 Summer Seminar!
Through discussion and engaging activities with fellow students in the program, attendees learn about PES, meet their mentors, and further develop personal relationships at the U.
Students will also:
- Examine positive psychology and growth mindset as tools for achieving highly personalized definitions of success
- Learn about the role of wellbeing in their lives
- Review their goals for their time at the U of M and how they’ll use campus resources (including PES) to attain them
What do students say about the conference?
- “The conference was fun, and I met new friends!”
- “The sessions were interesting and engaging.”
- “My peer mentor was upbeat and super helpful!”
- “I enjoyed getting to know more about PES, my opportunities and resources at the U, and getting to meet other students in the program.”
The 2018 Fall Conference will take place on Saturday, September 29. SAVE THE DATE!
Note: PES students are expected to attend the Fall Conference as part of their PES scholarship requirements.
Friday, September 7, 2018 | 12-2 p.m. | 127 Appleby Hall
PES students learn more about PES, meet the staff, and mingle with other PES students.
PES @ Homecoming
Friday, October 5, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. | University Avenue
Join other PES students and community members to walk in the annual Homecoming Parade! More details will be sent via email in September and October. Email email@example.com with questions about this event.
Friday, May 3, 2019 | 12-2 p.m. | Beacon Room, Recreation & Wellness Center
Celebrate PES graduates and the end of the academic year! Graduates receive a purple cord and special gift, and students can bring family and friends. There’s also free food and a photo booth at this open house event!